Thursday 26 July 2012



ANGEL OF DARKNESS
By Emmanuel Elem C.

Morning, afternoon and night, my heart bleeds
Of your insincere cordiality and mutuality.
I feel like crying, yet I can’t cry because of you.
“Why you?” I I keep asking my poor self.

You of all people! I wish you can still remember
How we came to be, what spurred me
 To see you as a darling, how good and innocent
You were through your chameleon eyes.
But now, what are you? Answer me, oh, angel!

Really, nothing is permanent in the world,
Even your so called beauty and innocence.
How I wish you can see how my heart bleeds of love.
You pseudonymous angel, you have reaped me
Off my joy, friends, love and my most being (integrity).

You were once a duplicated me, but now, I wonder
What you are; your real self. Yes! You can never
Run of out of your shadow to any distant mountain.
Hence, I can see your real name clamouring for fame,
ANGEL OF DARKNESS! That’s what you are.





1 comment: